- We started Trailerfest at the biggest campground we could find in Northern California. We wanted an event that everyone that wanted to could join in on the fun. By our 5th year The Trailerfest Rally had grown to its capacity. We still want to include everyone, but simply do not have enough sites. We reserve the entire campground for Trailerfest Rallies to keep the show areas "pure" with vintage trailers. Because of this, we have had to carefully consider how to deal with reservations and cancellations. We want to be fair to the campers that have supported the event for years and welcome new trailerites to join in the fun.
We, (by we, I mean Caroline), spends countless hours organizing hundreds of “special requests” and budgets of thousands of dollars to pull off these events. Cancellations, while sometimes unavoidable, cause Caroline many more hours of work to coordinate the waiting list, issue refunds, reprint guest lists, notify the park etc. Trailerfest is an "EVENT", not just a camping trip. Plans, deposits and commitments are made a year in advance to ensure you attend the best rally that you have ever been to!
How we handle reservations:
New rallies and registration deadlines are posted on our websites, in the VCT Magazine, on our social media and mailed out in email blasts. Connect with us in one or more ways to stay informed.
If you have a site one year, you have the option to have that site the next year. It is best to register for the next year at the rally. It is imperative to get on the waiting list to get in to the event. People on the waiting list will receive priority the following year if they do not get in this year. Most people on the waiting list will get in if they are flexible closer to the rally date when most cancellations are made.
- In fairness to people on the waiting list, please cancel as soon as you know you will not be able to attend.
- If you do not check in to your site on the first day of your reservation the site will be given to the next trailer on the waiting list.
- If you need to cancel (more than 60 days from the first day of the rally) we will issue you a refund, less a $40 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 60 days of the event, the cancellation fee is $60. Refunds (within 60 days days of the event) are only given if we have a waiting list and can fill the site. If we cannot fill the site, no refund will be given.
- (Boot Camp reservations cancellations may be different.)
- Cancellations made within two weeks of the first day of a rally will NOT RECEIVE A REFUND.
- If a rally/event have to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside of our control, rally fees will be refunded or applied to a different event. Reservation fee refund may be subject to a minimal fee not to exceed the actual losses incurred by the host. (We deducted the $8.00 fee it cost us to process the reservation initially when we had to refund people due to the COVID-19 quarantine.)